If you are a resident of Kerala and want to apply for Kerala Ration Card then you can apply from their official website in this article we will Share step by step guide how you can apply for Kerala Ration Card 2021.
One the most important document in india is ration card, As an identity proof document, it can be used for making other necessary documents like driving license, aadhar card and passport. It can also be used as proof of residential address.
Recently Kerela government launched new Ration Card list And all the people whose names are in this new list get necessary products and food supplies. Also, essential commodities will be available for Ration card holders.
Kerala Ration Card 2021
The government of Kerala launched Kerala Ration Scheme to provide subsidized Ration to the people of this state. Those who want to get benifit from Ration card they must need a permanent residents address and id proof that they will not use it for commercial purposes.
The most important function of the ration card is to enable the economically weaker Indian people to avail essential products like rice, wheat, sugar and kerosene at affordable rates.
Civil Supplies Department Kerala State has introduced various online facilities regarding Ration Card. government issued different types of Ration card on the basis of income.
Types of Ration Card in Kerala
Government of Kerala provide Three different three types of ration cards:-
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana cards: – This card issued by the state in this scheme provides 35 kg of commodities free, includes rice and wheat for the economically weaker section of the state.
- Priority cards: – This card is given to those who belongs to (Below poverty Line ) BPL category people. In bpl cardholder get 5kg of food grains will be given free of cost to all the members of the family.
- Non- Priority cards: – This card is for the APL category include 2 kg of rice to be given to all members in each family.
Documents Required for Kerala Ration Card 2021
The following documents are needed when applying for a ration card in 2021.
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License
- Residence proof,
- voter ID card
- passport size photographs
- mobile number
- bank passbooks
- PAN cards and
- old Ration card of the applicant for this process.
Eligibility Criteria of Kerala Ration Card 2021
To be eligible for Ration card, applicants must meet the criteria below:
- You need to be a permanent resident of Kerala in order to apply for and get a ration card.
- You cannot apply if you have already applied, or if you are newly married.
Kerala ration card 2021 benefits
On getting a ration card, you get the following benefits, which are as follows:-
- Through a ration card, you get rice, flour, kerosene and sugar at low prices.
- You can also use the ration card when you get your driving license.
- The ration card can also be used as an ID in many places.
- The ration card is mandatory when you take admission anywhere.
- Ration cards are often asked for while making a PAN or passport.
How to Apply Online for Kerala Ration Card 2021
To apply for the ration card, make sure that all of your documents are complete so that we can process it quickly.
- To apply for a ration card, you have to first go to the official website
- Then click on New Ration Card in the home page.
- On next Fill all the necessary information asked in the application form.
- Now, Click on submit button.
Kerala ration card transfer process
People who have moved to a new area are eligible for requesting transfer of their ration card by going to the nearest ration card center from the state they were previously registered with.
A written application must be submitted to a ration card center along with the applicable fee.
Women who are married into a new family and moved to her husband’s house can apply for the deletion of her name in their old ration card and acquiring an addition of her name to the family ration card.
How to Apply for Ration Card Through TSO or DSO Office
The applicant has to visit the office of TSO or DSO located in his area. Apply for a new ration card and the official charges Rs 5 as fees. Your card will be sent to you in 15 days after submission to officials including application process, verification process.
How to Check Kerala Ration Card 2021 Status Online?
- First, go to the official website of the Civil Department.
- To check your application status, go to the homepage and click on “Application Status“.
- now, enter application number
- Click on search
- status will display on your screen.
Validity of Kerala Ration Card
The date of the ration card will be valid only as long as it is not surrendered by the person to whom the ration card belongs. If the authority suspends a ration card for an individual, then that food delivery system would no longer have any validity and cannot be used anymore. If two people from one family are holding different cards, there can still be one valid card in use.
Renewal of Kerala Ration Card
- Renewing Ration Card To renew your public distribution system ration card,
- Visit the official website of Kerala civil supplies and select “Services” from the main menu.
- Click on the option “Ration Card Renewal“. On clicking this option a new screen will open which’ll show many different options to be selected for your desired action.
- Now click on “Proforma for Submitting Claims and Objections”
- Download the form and fill the application form.
- After that Submit application in nearest office.